We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy in this time of crisis. As you know, this has been a difficult time for our community. While we have done a great job flattening the curve, it is important to continue following government protocols going forward in order to avoid an increase in cases.
Peak Physical Therapy has been closed since the Shelter in Place directive was issued due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As healthcare providers, we understand that pain does not stop due to a pandemic and certain clients have a need for physical therapy that would help to keep them healthy and out of medical care facilities, where they may risk exposure to COVID-19. During our closure, we have been working on an overall protocol for continuing to offer our services to help you achieve your functional goals and stay healthy.
We are pleased to announce the following strategies:
- Telehealth: We are now offering telehealth services to those who wish to partake. These will be 30 minute virtual visits performed over a HIPAA compliant audio/video platform. Through this service, we will be able to answer in-depth questions, review/progress your exercises, and manage your care while in the safety of your home. If interested, please call/email us to verify insurance benefits and your physical therapist will provide more details.
- Limited Hours: We are open with modified schedules in order to limit max number of people in clinic at same time. We understand that some ailments and conditions require something more than a phone call/email/video conference. If you are not in an at risk category and would like to schedule an in person appointment, please call/email us and your physical therapist to determine an appropriate schedule. If you are in an at risk category and wish to schedule, please speak to your physical therapist to determine whether an in-person visit would be appropriate.
Who is At Risk (per CDC guidelines)?
- Older adults over 65 years old.
- People with respiratory problems or immunological complications.
- People with serious underlying medical conditions.
What is Peak doing for in person visits?
- Our physical therapists will be working on a very limited basis. There will only be 3 physical therapists seeing clients at any given time.
- We will be limiting the total number of people in the clinic to under 10, including all staff and clients.
- We will do our best to maintain 6 foot distance from others in the clinic.
- There will be a screening in procedure in place prior to your appointment: (1) Taking your temperature to screen for fever. Temperatures registered over 98.9 F will be refused service, referred to a medical care provider, and rescheduled. (2) A screening questionnaire to verify you have not been exposed to and do not exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
- Every person entering the clinic will immediately sanitize or wash their hands.
- Your physical therapist will wear a mask if treatment requires you to be in close contact.
- In order to limit unnecessary contact, we will limit in-person payments and will mail you a bill instead. We are able to take payments over the phone during office hours.
- Cleaning Schedule. We have been and will continue to use CDC approved disinfecting solutions to clean all surfaces. In addition, the entire clinic will be cleaned regularly throughout the day, at least 3 times a day.
What you can do for us and your community:
- Before you come to the clinic, be sure you do not have a fever or any symptoms related to COVID-19. Please also be sure you have not come into contact with anyone or anything which may be infected.
- If you are early, please stay in your car until your appointment time.
- When you come in, please immediately sanitize or wash your hands before touching anything. Please then proceed to a treatment area designated by your physical therapist.
- Refrain from physical contact as much as possible. Please do not hug or shake hands.
- Please wear a mask and gloves if you are able to. These are in short supply, even for medical care providers, so we understand if you are unable to obtain them. We will have gloves available but our supply is limited.
- Families. We understand that some clients may be used to having family come along with them to their visits. We ask that only those who are essential (ie caregivers) to your success and recovery accompany you to your appointment. Minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you are over the age of 65, are considered high risk, or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, we ask that you please consider using our other alternatives of continuing care such as telehealth, email, or phone call.
- Alert Peak Physical Therapy ASAP if you have been in the clinic recently and are exposed to, are experiencing symptoms of, or are diagnosed with COVID-19.
As you know, the situation is constantly evolving and we are constantly staying updated about local and national health. Recommendations and guidelines will change. Please be ready for all of this information to change. Keep up with your phone and emails for updates from Peak. We will update and notify you as soon as something changes.
Stay safe, be well.