Update August 20th, 2021: Due to the recent spread of the COVID-19 Delta Variant, we have updated our protocols in accordance with local and CDC guidelines. Please alert us if you have been exposed, exhibiting symptoms or have tested positive for COVID-19. We can guide you for the next steps for scheduling and/or cancelling appointments if necessary. Please refer to Santa Clara’s Health guidelines for steps to follow for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in regards to COVID-19 exposure here: https://covid19.sccgov.org/contact-tracing
We are pleased to announce that all of our staff are currently vaccinated and practicing safe protocols to protect our community from COVID-19.
We will continue to require masks indoors from all of our patients and staff
We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy in this time of crisis. As you know, this has been a difficult time for our community. It is important to continue following government protocols going forward in order to avoid an increase in cases.
All of our staff are vaccinated and ready to serve you safely.
Peak Physical Therapy has continued to follow strict protocols to decrease the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the clinic.
Who is At Risk (per CDC guidelines)?
- Older adults over 65 years old.
- People with respiratory problems or immunological complications.
- People with serious underlying medical conditions.
What is Peak doing for in person visits?
- There will be a screening procedure in place prior to your appointment: (1) Taking your temperature to screen for fever and measuring oxygen saturation. Temperatures registered over 98.9 F will be refused service, referred to a medical care provider, and rescheduled. (2) A screening questionnaire to verify you have not been exposed to and do not exhibit symptoms of COVID-19.
- Every person entering the clinic will immediately sanitize or wash their hands.
- Your physical therapist will wear a mask during the entire treatment.
- In order to limit unnecessary contact, we are encouraging limited in-person payments and will mail you a bill instead. We are able to take payments over the phone during office hours.
- Cleaning Schedule. We have been and will continue to use CDC approved disinfecting solutions to clean all surfaces. In addition, the entire clinic will be cleaned regularly throughout the day, at least 3 times a day.
What you can do for us and your community:
- Before you come to the clinic, be sure you do not have a fever or any symptoms related to COVID-19. Please also be sure you have not come into contact with anyone or anything which may have come in contact with COVID-19.
- If you are early, please stay in your car until your scheduled appointment time.
- When you come in, please immediately sanitize or wash your hands before touching anything. Please then proceed to a treatment area designated by your physical therapist.
- Refrain from physical contact as much as possible. Please do not hug or shake hands.
- Please wear a mask and gloves.
- Families. We understand that some clients may be used to having family come along with them to their visits. We ask that only those who are essential (ie caregivers) to your success and recovery accompany you to your appointment. Minors (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- If you are considered high risk, or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19, we ask that you please consider using our other alternatives of continuing care such as telehealth, email, or phone call.
- Alert Peak Physical Therapy ASAP if you have been in the clinic recently and are exposed to, are experiencing symptoms of, or are diagnosed with COVID-19.
We will be continuing to offer telehealth services for those who prefer to stay home:
- Telehealth: These will be 30 minute virtual visits performed over a HIPAA compliant audio/video platform. Through this service, we will be able to answer in-depth questions, review/progress your exercises, and manage your care while in the safety of your home. If interested, please call/email us to verify insurance benefits and your physical therapist will provide more details.
As you know, the situation is constantly evolving and we are constantly staying updated about local and national health. Recommendations and guidelines will change. Please be ready for all of this information to change. Keep up with your phone and emails for updates from Peak. We will update and notify you as soon as something changes.
Stay safe, be well.